As consumer demand for sustainable products grows, the production of plastics from renewable sources has been suggested as one of the means to decrease greenhouse emissions and reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
The global bioplastics & biopolymers market size is projected to grow from $10.7 billion in 2021 to $29.7 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 22.7%.
Today, there is pretty much nothing that bioplastics can’t do. Packaging remains the largest field of application for bioplastics with almost 48% of the total bioplastics market in 2021, but segments such as consumer goods and agriculture are also on the rise.
The 3rd Annual Bioplastics Innovation Forum , scheduled for 1-2nd March in Brussels, will continue where we left off with the first two editions, and through a series of top-level presentations, interactive panel discussions, and solution-based case studies will try to answer some of the questions and solve some of the challenges that the industry is currently facing. At the same time it will offer the delegates a learning platform where they can see the latest advancements and technology innovations in the production of bio-based and biodegradable plastics.
Key drivers to attend the conference:
- Hear the latest bioplastics regulatory and market developments in the EU
- Learn the availability of feedstock for sustainable production
- Examine the new manufacturing methods for biobased drop-in solutions
- Take a look at the state of production of the biodegradable types of plastics (PLA, PHA)
- See practical examples of end use application of bioplastics
- Learn how to design materials for recycling and hear the end-of-life options for bioplastics
- Hear the latest bioplastics market predictions and expectations for the years to come
- Gain a competitive advantage in a rapidly changing business environment
- Unique opportunity to share know-how and grow your professional network