As consumer demand for sustainable products grows, the production of plastics from renewable sources has been suggested as one of the means to decrease greenhouse emissions and reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. The public’s interest in the environment and climate change, alongside with the limited fossil fuel resources are driving governments, companies and scientists to find ecofriendly alternatives to petroleum based plastic.
However, this transition toward the new circular, biobased economy won’t be without a great number of challenges that the industry will need to overcome.
The Bioplastics Innovation Forum 2021, through a series of top-level presentations, interactive panel discussions, and solution-based case studies will try to give answers to some of the questions and solve some of the problems that the industry will face on that journey. At the same time it will offer a learning platform to recognize and seize the opportunities to generate new revenue, implement new products and technologies, deliver process efficiency and reduce risk in business operations that come with it.
- EU policy framework shaping the future of bioplastics
- Are bioplastics the pollution solution?
- Sustainable biobased feedstock for sustainable production
- Latest trends, material and process innovations in production of bioplastics
- Market potential of biobased plastics packaging in the EU
- End-of-life options for bioplastics – Challenges and opportunities
- Designing materials for re-using, recycling and recovering
- Next generation of bioplastics: What lies ahead?